Thursday, July 7, 2011

Park City Weekend Get-Away

Cory and I went up to Park City for a weekend in June. On the way up we saw deer that just stood next to the road and ate. Never even getting spooked away.



We stayed at the Chateaux at Silver Lake. We got a great deal of the weekend get away.


With our package came dinner at a 5 Star Restaraunt inside of the hotel.
Cory and I desided to dress up for dinner and make an occasion of it.




Saturday we walked around Park City. When we went into the Quicksilver store Cory found this hat that he wanted to buy. I flatly refused. It looks like one of the libral tree huggers who wear the shorts with the sock and sandles getup. We ended up finding him something better.


This was a cool statue that Cory already has a picture with so I took one as well. He was made of metal so at 2:30 in the afternoon when I sat down on the seat I about burned by butt off.


See the grimmes...I mean smile :)


We went to the Olympic Park Village. There they have a full size bobsled. Photo OP!

Cory and I took turns sitting in it.





While I sat inside it began to slide down the hill I was terrified.


Along with our entrance fee we got the opportunity to ski as well. Here is Cory skimming the slopes....he almost looks like a Pro.


Prettt nice they gave us matching outfit to wear while skiing. J/K


Then both of us got the opportunity to hold the Olympic torch.



For athletes to practice their jumping skills there is pool at the end of a run way that allowes them try out different jumps and moves. Here are some pics that I took. 






For the price we paid.... Cory and I got to have a really fun weekend for very little. We can't wait for another chance to go to Park City. It was very enjoyable and nice to get away from the heat of the Utah Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment