Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Two Days to Halloween!

Two days before Halloween and we are getting ready for much fun on this terrifying and spooky holiday. We have been making treats for the some of our friends and neighbors and we have been getting the coldron filled with delicous treats for the trick and treaters. Adalines is looking forward to getting into to her super cute tiger outfit and mommy and daddy are looking forward to going trick or treating again!


Adaline has been busy growing up...she can now sit on her own completely as well as leap frog to where she would like to go. She can make it across the room in about two seconds flat. Mommy and daddy are in trouble because we still think she can not get into things but she is proving us wrong everyday.
 
y

We had a fun time taking her picture...here she is dressed in a fun Halloween outfit that mommy pick up last Halloween 75% off. Doesn't she look cute in it.


We have been reading "Journey to the Center of the Earth" by Jules Vern and Adaline loves to be read to. We try to read every day and we are just getting to the part where Professor Lindenbrook is getting ready to decend down into the volcanic pit. Once we finish the book then Little Girl and I will be watching the movie to see it on the big screen.

 

Mommy has been working on Personal Progress and so Adaline is helping by reading the scriptures with me. We are reading about 13 pages a day. We are trying to finish the Book of Mormon by the end of November so that I can finish off my Young Women's Recognition requires before Christmas. I have really enjoyed developing more spiritual gifts that our Heavenly Father so readily gives us. I have been trying to be more faithful in the morning and evening prayers and my scripture study and I am amazed by how that has affected my choices throughout the day. Often times I find that I have enough time to get everything done when I put the Lord first. I have also love reading the For Strength of Youth. There are so many gems in that wonderful guideline for the youth. I want to live by its principles and make sure that all my children have a great foundation of gospel truths as the move forward into the difficult but wonderful years of pre-teen and teenager.


Cory is doing better from his accident. He has been going to the chiropractor to get his neck and back in order. We have been working on getting things settled with the insurance agency and Cory will begin work on Betty this evening to get her road worthy again. We are grateful for Heavenly Father's tender mercies in letting Cory and the other driver not receive terrible injuries.


Though Cory would like to not have to fit Betty, he is an amazing mechanic and will do everything we need to get her road worthy again.


Adaline is such a ham sometimes. She is really fun to watch as she figures things out and explores the world around her.

She is so darling!

 Adaline and Daddy - she really loves to take hold of your face and put it where she wants it!


Daddy and Little Girl - the Fantastic Duo

 Each day Adaline takes her naps in her bassinett....yes she is still in her bassinett but I might have to move down into the playpin this week because she is starting to reach for things outside of the bassinett and we don't want to her fall.

As you can see she does not let her binky go very far.... here she is sleeping on top of it. You can just see it poking out from under her shoulder!

1 comment:

  1. I recognize that purple onesie! She is getting so big and very cute!

    ReplyDelete