Sunday, June 30, 2013

Adaline trying to cook!

One night while I was making dinner at the stove, I had pulled Adaline over the wall into the kitchen so she could be near me while I finished dinner. Adaline was able to find a couple of pots that we had brought into the house from camping to clean them up and she got the top of the celery stock that I had previously cut to put into our dinner. She then proceed to set up her pots, for cooking, and then she took her ingredients and separated them into the individual pots. I had to capture a picture of this little show of domesticity.

"Well mom, I'm trying to get dinner ready!"
 
 "I need to find more things for my stews."

So then she got into the cupboards looking for more things to put into her pans. It was really fun as a mom to watch this desire to engage in activities that she see me do and she wants to duplicate it. Our little ones really do watch us and learn and that is why we must bear testimony of Jesus Christ and His gospel through not just our words but our actions also. I hope Adaline will learn many wonderful things from watching me and I hope that I do what I need to a mother to teach her properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment