Monday, November 14, 2011

Pregnant 23 Weeks

Fetal Development Week 23


Little Adaline is about 8 inches long and weighing just over 1 plb according to the website "What to Expect with You're Expecting". She is expected to double in weight in the next 4 weeks. Amazing when you consider that it took 22 weeks for her to get this big. All of her organs, bones, brain, and limbs are fully developed. According to the website her skin is very transparent and from her sonogram pictures of two weeks ago we could see her heart, her bones, and brain, so that is pretty much true to form. Over the next 4 weeks Adaline will start to store fat cells that will thicken her skin and help to make it not as transparent and give her a more fully figure.

I feel her move inside me everyday. It is fun to fill all of her little kicks and punches. She gets particularly active when I drink chocolate milk. I am not sure if that means she loves it like a drug or if she is protesting that I'm drinking it again. I tend to take my multi-vitamin with a big 16 oz glass of chocolate milk to keep it down.

In the past week she has taken to waking me up at 4:00 am to say good morning for 1/2 hour before letting me go back to sleep until about 7:00. I am not sure why she is waking and active at 4:00 but for the past 5 mornings it has become our ritual.

I talk to her and often sing silly songs to her and Cory. When my energy is up I dance around the bathroom or in the shower, or in the kitchen for a few minutes before I get winded :) and I have to wonder if she confused by all the shaking and shimmering.

I love listening to music with her and sometimes when a song comes on that especially meaningful I usually have a spontaneous conversation with Adaline about how much Cory and I love her and how incredible she has to be to be sent first. She will be the older sister that all of her other siblings look up to. I know that I have always looked up to and sought advise from my older sisters. I know that she will be for her siblings what my older sisters have been for me.

Bridgette asked me to take a picture of my belly each week and post it. I did not get a chance to take the picture but I will tonight and will add it to the post tomorrow. The funny thing is when you look at me I look like a marshmellow stuck on top of two skinny pretzels. I have not gained weight anywhere but my belly and chest. Even my shoulders and back are the same size as before pregnancy. So when you look at a profile picture of me it is kind of funny what shape my body makes.

2 comments:

  1. you know this child is going to have serious issues right? She'll fit right in with all of her cousins and their issues. Maybe it's because of their mothers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sister I don't know about you but I for one don't have any issues? Issues what do you mean by issues, I am the most normal gal around!! HA HA HA!!! Ruth this is so cool. It is so exciting to think that just around the corner is another little brewer baby waiting to arrive. We are so excited for you and Cory and can't wait to meet little Adaline. Love and miss you tons!!

    ReplyDelete