Monday, November 21, 2011

24 Weeks Pregnant

Fetal Development Week 24


Ok, so I know I promised a belly picture last week but it never happened so I will be getting photo-shopped j/k photographed this evening  and I will be revealing my belly tomorrow. But until then here is the update on Adaline.
At 24 weeks she is now about 1 ½ lbs and measures crown to rump 8 ½ inches (standard letter size). She is working on storing fat under her skin to make it not as transparent. If we could take a picture of Adaline we would almost be able to tell who she will look like. Her beautiful face is almost fully formed just not filled out yet with the necessary fat her body needs. She can hear my heart, lungs, and laughter, she can hear my voice and Cory’s voice, both of which she will be able to recognize at birth. She can also hear really loud noise like honking horns, barking dogs, or a wailing fire truck.
At 24 weeks I am feeling a little back pain and having a little difficulty sleeping. They say when you are pregnant your dreams and nightmares are more vivid. I am not sure if that is true or if you just remember them more when you are pregnant but this has been the case for me. Last night I dreamed that I was trying to make my way through this burned waste land with large gigantic spiders. Some of the spiders had been burned but their bodies where larger than mine and there were hundreds of them. Not sure if Harry Potter 7 helped with that little nightmare, Cory and I had just recently watched the final movie for the first time. There were large spiders in the movie L
When trying to sleep I find that I tend to toss and turn quite a lot, Cory will say that I toss and turn all night long normally J but I feel like I am doing it more so now. Adaline seems to like to sleep most of the day with only a few appearance during the day and then at night, once I lay down to go to bed, its play time. Not sure how to fix that but I am working on ways to keep her awake during the day so we both get some sleep at night.
Other than some growing pains I feel really good. I have finished two crocheted blanks so far and am working on Adaline’s quilt. Also there are a few Christmas projects I am working to complete, thanks to a wonderful Relief Society activity, I think may have bitten off more than I can chew, but I am going to work really hard to get them done.

2 comments:

  1. Adeline is quite during the day because you are moving and it rocks her to sleep. Once you stop moving she wakes up. I don't know if there is a way to get her to stop moving during the night unless you lay down and stop moving during the day. I think you're going to have to learn how to ignore her, it will be good practice for when she is out and you'll be like most parents that want to ignore their children as much as possible. Yes, I'm speaking from personal experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing what Bridgette has to say, it makes me laugh. You see as time goes by and your children grow older those dreamy days of having a little ones are run over by the crazy days of being a parent. I think you can hear a little bit of that in what Bridgette says. It makes me laugh because you are both wonderful and I so enjoy hearing both sides of the coin. We love you all. Hugs and Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete