Friday, January 20, 2012

32 Weeks Pregnant

Fetal Development Week 32


Today I am 32 weeks pregnant….wow! Time has flown. Adaline is set to come very soon and I, in many ways, feel completely unprepared. Her room is not done, parts of the house I wanted organized are not finished, I am still working on her baby blanket, and there about a million things I still need to buy to be ready for the big day. Even with all of that, I can’t wait to see her, finally. She has been swimming around in my belly for 32 weeks now and I have felt her for the last 12 and I know that I am going to love being her mom.

According the website “What to Expect When you are Expecting”, Adaline should be about 19 inches long and round 4 lbs. She is curled-up because she is probably starting to get a little cramped inside my belly. She should be getting ready to settle into the head-down position in preparation for childbirth. She is also getting into her sleep cycles, 20 to 40 minutes long, multiple times during the day.

Adaline’s activity at night has settle down some, she is not as active, but I think her favorite position is when I lay down because almost every time I put my feet up she is moving around inside my belly.

We are now going to the doctor every two weeks, I had an appointment last week and Dr. Haskett measured my belly to be 33 cm even though I only gain 1 lbs since my last appointment my belly has grown quite a few cm. I am interested to see what the new measurement will be next Friday. We will have one more two week appointment in mid February and then after that Cory and I will be seeing Dr. Haskett each week for the remainder of the pregnancy.

Grandma Kathy is planning on coming to Utah on March 14 or 15 if I have not gone into labor yet. With Adaline due on the 17th of March mom should be here in plenty of time to provide Cory and I with extra support and knowledge leading up to the delivery. We are so grateful that she is willing to come stay with us for a couple weeks to help with Adaline. If I happen to go into labor early and mom can’t make it, I know that Cory is going to be an excellent coach. He has been watching Youtube videos on childbirth, some I think have surprised him, but he says he is not really worried about the labor and delivery.

We started our birthing class this week and are learning helpful tools to get Cory and I prepped for natural child birth. I do not want to use any drugs for the labor and delivery other than maybe Tylenol and I am hoping the methods we are learning in our birthing class will help us to accomplish this goal. Brio Birthing is the class we are taking and 83% of students are able to have a natural childbirth without the need for medication. We are hoping we fall into the 83% instead of the 17% J but we will have to see. You always have to be open to all options and Cory and I are not going to be closed minded on any of the options that we will have.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you, it will be here before you know it. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete