Friday, January 27, 2012

33 Weeks Pregnant - Let the count down to D Day begin!

Fetal Development Week 33

Adaline should be weighing in around 4 to 4 ½ lbs and she could grow a full inch alone this week, crazy! She is now getting more into the normal baby sleep patterns. Her eyes are closed when she is asleep and they are open when she is awake. She can probably see light during the day and the darkness at night even through my skin. I think this is true because she is more quiet at night than she has been.
She is developing her immune system now and will continue to receive antibodies assistance from me as I breast feed her.

I have been slowing down in the last couple of days as there has been a noticeable growth in my belly….basically it sticks out more. I also notice that I waddle a lot more. They say this is because my joints are loosening up in preparation for delivery…only 7 weeks away. I have also noticed that I am getting more tired, could be from lack of sleep.  It can sometimes be hard to turn over in bed because f the basketball I have to rearrange J but my fatigue is not too bad. I am just trying my best to balance work life and home life.

We hired a new girl to take over my position and I have been very busy this week training her. I am excited and nervous to end my working career outside the home. I know I am going to love being a mother and getting the chance to stay home with Adaline and our other children will be such a blessing but for 12 plus years I have been paying my way and contributing to my income it will be strange not to bring a paycheck. I am sure there will be a few bumps getting adjusted but I have tried to arrange projects to work on that will keep me busy during the times that Adaline sleeps. 

I have been working for years on a family history project that should be able to finally see some real defining. I am also working on book about dating. We’ll see if I am able to make good head way with each of these projects as a new mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment