Sunday, April 15, 2012

Three Weeks Old

Three weeks old and having a great time!

Mom, Adaline, and I went to see Adaline’s pediatrician to do her two weeks check and the nurse there stated that Adaline is actually 20 inches long and is weighing in around 6 lbs 13 oz. Well that was a week ago and so we think that Adaline is now around 7 lbs 5 oz and growing every day. The outfits that she wore just after birth are starting to finally fit her and we know the growth will only continue.

We were sad to see Grandma Kathy go home but Grandpa Neil needed her back in Arizona so she left us last Friday. We can’t wait to see the whole family in a few weeks for her baby blessing.

This week has been pretty uneventful but each day with Adaline has been a great joy to me. I love to sit and hold her. Every time I get to feed her I feel an ever increasing bond with her. I love to see her different facial expressions and we are starting to take videos of her. I hope we will be able to post some of the really fun ones to the blog so everyone can see.

Her little cry is so precious and sometimes she really gets mad at mommy when I don’t feed her fast enough but daddy is her favorite. She loves to be held by him and usually falls asleep in his arms. Cory and I love being parents and we pray each day that we can be the type of parents she needs us to be.

Here are a few more fun pictures to see of Adaline this past week. Enjoy!

Daddy with his little girl! They are so cute together....two little peas in a pod!
 

Mommy with Adaline. She just finished eating and she was doped up on breast milk. 
Funny thing to see if you ever get the chance...baby strung out on breast milk.


Grandma Kathy's last day with Adaline! Grandma was so great and 
Adaline is going to love sharing a birthday with her grandma.

1 comment:

  1. Love her hat, I'm not sure who she looks like, but I see a little bit of Lexie in her eyes? Counting down to next month when we can spoil her in person. :)

    ReplyDelete