Monday, May 7, 2012

First I was Five Weeks and Now I’m Six Weeks Old


On Saturday, April 28, Adaline, Cory and I completed a 5k at Thanksgiving Point in Utah. We had a great time walking the three miles of the track. We finished the race ahead of a whapping 6 other people. Sounds pretty pathetic but I was proud of myself for finishing the three miles of the race. Adaline and I had been walking about a mile and ½ each day in preparation for the 5k but the three miles almost did mommy in.



 Adaline was bundled up as snug as a bug in rug with her little bear outfit that keeps her toasty warm. She also slept the whole way we walked. It was fun to do this as our first family outing.

 We think it would be really funny if Adaline turned out to be a avid runner and that this is only her first race. 


 So we got pictures of her with the medal that they gave to each participant.




Adaline tends to fall asleep in her boppy pillow given to us by her Aunt Bridgette. I could not resist in taking a few fun pictures of her sleeping.




I dressed Adaline up because I thought she was going to have come with me and my visiting teaching companion Jessica because Cory had to work late. She is so fun to get all dressed up in her dresses and bows.
 
Grandma Kathy gave her a really pretty dress the colors of brown and pink that she looks incredible adorable in. Cory was able to get home in time and instead of going with me visiting teach she spent the time with daddy.

 
Cory is very good at multi-tasking. He can hold his little girl and surf the internet. I think this is a new talents that daddy’s are learning to accomplish.



The day before Adaline turned six weeks old Aunt Mischa arrived to spend the next week and ½ with us. Both girls were so excited to meet each other. 

 
We met Mischa in the airport so Adaline could welcome her home with balloons and a big Hooray sign. 


Adaline and Mischa had good times together the first couple of days that Mischa has been here. Mischa loves to hold her and talk to her.


 


It is really cute to see the two of them together because I know that Adaline is going to love her Aunt Mischa and will enjoy all of her visits to see us.

 Friday, Mischa, Adaline, and I went and saw Johnny, Kelsie, and Kayson at their new home in the BYU student housing. Their place is small but very cute. Mischa got to meet Kayson, her great-nephew for the first time.


Mischa even got in some practice being a mom and it looks like she might be destined for twins.
 
 
She was great with him and had a great time visiting with Johnny and Kelsie.

 
Today was the first time Adaline has been to church and everyone in the ward thought she was just too cute. We had dressed her up in her Easter dress that mommy had bought her at K-Mart. With her purple flower and adorable dress she was just the cutest little thing at church.

Daddy's Little Girl
 

Mischa and Adaline decked out for church, so cute!
 

Mommy and Adaline, smile for the camera.
 
 
My new calling is Secretary in the Tri-Ward Young Women program. The other two wards in our building have really small Young Women programs so they combined all three together to have enough girls so our presidency covers three wards. I am over Personal Progress for the three wards and I went to all three Young Women’s classes today. I spoke on the Family Proclamation and also on our hope for the girls in the Personal Progress goals. We as a Young Women’s group are memorizing the Family Proclamation for girls’ camp. With Cory and Mischa’s help I was able to memorize almost the entire thing in one week. I was able to testify to the girls that Heavenly Father will make it possible for them to memorize the entire proclamation of the next 11 weeks if they will just ask for His help and to spend 30 minutes each day working on memorizing the paragraph of the Proclamation for that week. I am looking forward to all I am going to learn while in this calling and I hope that I am successful in earning my Young Women’s Personal Progress Medallion again during this next year. I hope I learn the things the Lord wishes to teach me and that I am able in some small way to help these beautiful girls come to believe and seek to accomplish their Personal Progress.









2 comments:

  1. So glad for the pictures, I think she looks just like you. Can't wait to see you all on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man i cant believe you guys did a 5k right after giving birth! thats awesome. so glad i finally found your blog. :) we miss you guys so much! hope everything is going well in ut. :)

    ReplyDelete