
Ok little Adaline is now the size of two juiceboxes high and she weights about four juiceboxs (don't ask me that is how the website described her). Her skin is starting to turn pink as blood capillaries are forming under her skin. Her lungs are still developing and air sacs (also lined with capillaries) will develop in her lungs, getting them ready for that first breath! She will begin in a few weeks to practice breathing the amniotic fluid as training for living in the real world. Her little nostrils are starting to open and her vocal cords are getting ready. (Hmm..I wonder if babies cue in womb.)
My back hurts more now than it has in the past weeks. Sleeping is much more of a challenge because I can't seem to get comfortable. Other than a little heartburn each night and the sleepless nights I am doing really well. The belly is really sticking out now...no mistake that I am pregnant :)
Cory enjoys saying hello to his little girl and gives my belly kisses as he talks to her. I know he is going to be a great daddy. He can't wait for the day he can spoil her and I know she will have him wrapped around her finger.
I am working on her quilt right now. It is zoo animals, like hippos, monkeys, lions, zebras, and the like. I am hand quilting the blanket and it will be nice and warm for her to stay warm on the way home from the hospital. I also finished two crocheted blankets for her as well.
With Christmas coming I can't help but feel that the time has flown. I can not believe that in just a few months she will be here. It is kind of scarry and really exciting. I am looking forward to being a mom and I hope I do as well of job with that my own mom did with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment