Wednesday, December 14, 2011

27 Weeks Pregnant - Welcome to the Third Trimester

Fetal Development Week 27

 
Now from head to toe Adaline is measuring an amazing 15 inches (Crazy) and at just over two pounds she has doubled in weight from four weeks ago. She is now developing her hearing and a network of nevers to ears mature. She should be able to hear sounds but they will be muffled because of the creamy coating of vernix covering both ears.
Cory and I are hoping she will recognize our voices when she is born J.   A fun game to play with baby, according to the website, is to shine a flash light on my belly and see if she will react to the light. Last night while in bed Cory got his work flashlight out, it has a small high intensity beam, and moved it around my tummy in a light show for Adaline. She was really active before he got the flash light out, kicking and moving, but then when daddy put the light on her, she became totally still. I have to wonder what she thought as she saw this light moving around her. Cory made shapes and squiggles and I hope she was enjoying the strange new experience. After Cory put the flash light way Adaline became active again about 6/7 minutes later.
I wrote Adaline a lullaby. I used the music from Mary’s Lullaby in the children’s primary song book but I re-wrote the words to be specific to Adaline. It was fun and I have been singing it to her every day.
Grandpa Brewer suggested that I read to Adaline and so Cory and I have been reading the scriptures to her at night while we are in bed and I also I have started Parley P. Pratt’s Autobiography and am reading that aloud to her. We listen to music, church talks, and Christmas songs so hopefully she will have a great love for reading, music, and things of the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment