
Little Adaline is now 16 inches from top to toe and she is weighing in around 2.5 lbs. I feel her each morning and night and sometimes in between (night and morning mostly :). Any time I am active I don't feel her move much but as soon as I sit down to put up my feet or try to sleep she is ready for some action!
According the website Adaline is now experiencing REM sleep which is the dream state. I wonder what she dreams about. It would be interesting to know what she is dreaming about and if I sense her dreams or she senses mine and they are similar. Her only knowledge of this existence is what she knew before she came here to earth to be in my body and her experience in the womb. Could she be dreaming of Heaven? Could she somehow still be communicating or talking with those on the other side when she sleeps? Often revelations come to us in dreams; it would not be hard to imagine she is cramming her last learning sessions in the pre-existence before she comes to earth. It is kind of interesting to think about.
Also she is learning to blink, cough, suck more intensely, and to breathe. All of which she will need to be able to do when she is born. She is also getting ready for birth by trying out the proper position for labor with her head down. The funny thing is I wonder if she ever get a headache with being upside down so much or if like in outer space, she doesn't feel the effects of gravity because she is surround by water. Another funny thing to think about :)!
I can't believe Christmas is only 6 days away. Finishing gifts and getting everything wrapped will be the focus for the next two days. Then on Wednesday Cory and I will start our journey to Arizona. We will be staying the night in St. George with Grandma and Grandpa Ross before finishing the journey on Thursday. I love the Christmas season. This one has gone way too fast. I love the music, the lights, the traditions, and the opportunities to visit with family and friends.
Being pregnant has brought a very special feeling to this Christmas holiday. I understand a little of what Mary must have felt being pregnant and getting ready to go on a long journey. In no way am I attempting to compare a comfortable car with a donkey but I have reflected on Mary and what she must have been going through on the journey to Bethlehem long ago. She knew she was the mother of the Son of God, the One foreordained to come to this earth as proclaimed by prophets of old. I have to wonder thought if those were the thoughts running through her mind at the time, or if like me, she worried about how the journey would affect her baby, would she be comfortable, would she go into to labor, could there be complications, or did she enjoy all of the little moments with her child to be. She knew it was a boy so did she talk to him, sing to him, rub her belly when he was active inside her, she think about what His life would be like, or what she hoped His life would be like. Did she look at her husband and the kindness, patience, love, and utter devotion he must have felt for her? These have been some of my thoughts in the last few weeks and have helped me look at some of the little things Cory does for me and what my Father in Heaven continually does for me. As I have reflected on this incredible season where we rejoice on the birth of our Savior and Redeemer, do we remember the mother Mary? I feel closer to her than ever before in my life. I have an incredibly deepen appreciation for her sacrifice and devotion to her calling. She was the choicest woman because she is the mother of the Savior of the World. She has provided me with an incredible example of how to be as a mother. Kind, attentive, patient, humble, spiritual, teachable, and always willing to do that which my Father in Heaven would have me do. I am so grateful for this chance to become a mother and pray I will raise Adaline to always seek to walk in righteous and to rely upon a loving and kind Father in Heaven.
Merriest of Christmas' wishes and many blessings from Heaven to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment