Friday, February 17, 2012

36 Weeks Pregnant - Smile for the Pictures!

Fetal Development Week 36



Adaline and I have made it 36 weeks. The final four weeks will be filled with last minute to dos. Adaline is around 6 lbs and about 20 inches long according to the website. It will be interesting to see when she is born how close she is to the typical pregnancy. I am measuring in at 36 cm, right on schedule and Cory and I are seeing the doctor each week until delivery. We got the great news that I am dilated all of ½ centimeter. Wow only 4 weeks and 9 ½ centimeters to go J but we are happy to hear that all is well with the baby and me.
Cory and I have a long list of to dos before the baby is born. We have the hospital bag to pack, the car chair to fix into the Explorer, the house to finish, and some final preparations for D-day. We are going to a Pediatric consult on Wednesday with someone we hope is going to be a great doctor for Adaline. Dr. Haskett has worked with Dr. Wise before and said that he is a good doctor. We also got Dr. Wise recommended to us from our birth class instructor.  Cory and I want to be very involved with all the treatments, vaccines, and standard procedures that Adaline will need to go through in the next few years and Dr. Wise is one who works with the parents on making the right choices for them.

Cory will be looking for a job in his field of study starting in April and since we don’t know how long it will take him to find a job we are going to renew our contract at our current place for another year. The nice thing with our location and home is the price is so reasonable that I don’t think Cory and I will find it hard to sell our contract if he does get a job very quickly and we need to move. With the baby just coming, staying settle for first month or two of her being born will allow me time to heal and then get the house ready to move if we need to pack everything up.

Adaline has started to slow down in movement. That is normal for this time in pregnancy because she is getting a little crunched for space and so I feel her rolling back and forth a little bit. She also seems to get the hiccups every couple of days. It is funny to feel that rhythmic thump, thump, thump. I hope they don’t hurt her too much. Cory is really good at feeling her movement. There have been a few times I have worried about her because I have not felt her move all day but once I lay down and Cory puts his hand on my tummy, he is able to feel her movement. Probably because he is not as anxious as I am.
I will be modeling for a photographer on Sunday who wanted a pregnant model for photos for his website. I saw the offer on Craigslist and talked with Cory about it. Once I contacted the photographer I asked if he would be comfortable with taking some picture of Cory and I and he stated he would be happy too. My model fee will be copies and rights to print the best shots. It’s really kind of nice because we are going to be able to get some really great pre-delivery shots of the two of us and also of me that we can post for everyone to see but also to put in Adaline’s memory book.  The best thing is that it won’t cost us anything but the printing costs of the photos at Wal-mart.  

1 comment:

  1. yeah, we'll finally have real pictures instead of fake baby pictures. I can't wait to see how much you've grown! Hope everything is going smoothly with your pregnancy. We are looking forward to meeting Adaline at her blessing. Love you.

    ReplyDelete