
Adaline is continuing to gain weight as the weeks pass in preparation for her delivery date. I have grown about 1 cm in my belly which is exactly on schedule for being 35 weeks pregnant. Sleep is becoming more precious because I am struggling sometimes to find a comfortable position to get into. Tossing and turning is not helping Cory, either, he checks on me throughout the night and so both of us are a little tired but that is the name of game in becoming new parents J.
This past week was my birthday. I turned 30 years old and had a wonderful birthday. Cory bought me a beautiful watch and also surprised me with night in Salt Lake at the Little America Hotel. We ordered room services for dinner with a voucher he received with the purchase of the room and we just enjoyed ourselves for the evening in Salt Lake. Then Sunday we had ice cream cake with Cory’s family to celebrate my birthday.
Cory also surprised me with a beautiful ring to wear while pregnant. I have been unable to wear my wedding rings because my fingers are a little swollen. It is a simple band with little rubies and small cubic zirconium that he got from Amazon but is really is quite beautiful and I love it. I am able to wear it because it is a size larger than my wedding ring.
Getting closer to the delivery date and not fully knowing what to expect there is a little bit of anxiety but there is great excitement too. Cory and I talk last night in bed about becoming new parents. Our biggest hope is that we will teach Adaline who she really is, how important she is to us, that she is a daughter of God, and how important she is to the work of spreading the gospel throughout the world. There was a talk at this last General Conference Session that was given by Sister Elaine S. Dalton, titled “Love Her Mother”. It was funny at the time because we did not know then we were having a little girl yet but as Cory and I sat there and listened to this inspired talk, Cory said to me after that this was the talk he was to hear this General Conference. He had a premonition that we were going to have a little girl and that Heavenly Father was explaining the best way to increase Adaline’s understanding of her place in the world by how Cory treats me. We want her to desire a temple marriage and a gospel centered home. As Cory and I spoke last night we remember this talk and Cory expressed again that Adaline will come to know her value because of how he treats me. We hope that she will see our example and will never accept anything less than a man who will love and cherish her as the daughter of God she is. I think all parents want for their children to be happy. Those of us with testimonies of the Gospel of Jesus Christ know the true path to happiness and we desire nothing less for our children. Hearing the words of prophets, apostles, and servants of the Lord who give us specific instructions on how to help rear our children in the ways of the Lord is incredibly comforting. Cory and I don’t have to figure this thing out on our own. We have the ability to hear and read these great words of counsel. We also have incredible family members who have and are still raising their children in the gospel path. They are able to give us great advise, guidance, and ideas to work with each child, individual, on helping them develop and strengthen their testimony of the gospel.
As Cory and I reflect of over this last year of marriage, as we have grown to together and have strived to have a gospel centered home, we seen areas that we can improve and also strengthens that we might not have noticed before. These reflections will hopefully make us better parents because we are trying to do the Lord’s will in our lives and keep the gospel and the message of the gospel as a constant center in home. Bridgette has this beautiful plaque in her home that says “Christ is the center of our home”. I really like that. That is something that I want to have in a prominent place in our home. I want our children to see that message and pictures of the Savior and temple in every room of our house. I want them to remember the Lord each day and I know these things will help me remember the Lord every day, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment