
It is incredible that I am 38 weeks pregnant. Adaline is getting ready to make her debut into this wild world and Cory and I are so excited. I have been sick with a nasty cold for the past few days and so my very productive plans for the weekend did not come to fruition. I am hoping with Cory’s help I can get all of Adaline’s cloths washed and organized and everything finished in her bedroom from Grandma Kathy’s arrival next week. Mom is coming to stay with me to help with delivery and also to get me back on my feet after. I am so grateful for such a wonderful mother.
I am finishing up my last few days working for pay. It is going to be strange staying home permanently as I am so used to bring in a paycheck. I am excited for the change but there is also some nervousness because I have worked to take care of myself for almost 12 years. Now to get to be one of the lucky ones!, a stay at home mom, I am excited to experience this change in my life. I know I am going to love being a mommy. I have been enjoying every minute of pregnancy. There have been hard moments of illness, discomfort, and fear, but over all I have relished every move that Adaline has made, every indicator that she is healthy and strong.
Cory and I watched a video I had recorded of him the day we found out what we were having. It was so funny to watch Cory talk about seeing Adaline for the first time in the sonogram and how he was so excited to meet her in a couple more months. That was back in October and here we are in March not too long from her due date, just about two weeks, and Cory and I probably more excited and anxious now then we were then.
Our birth class has been really helpful in getting us ready for D-Day. We have been educated on what could happen and what typically happens during delivery. The information our teacher has shared each week has helped Cory and I feel better prepared for delivery. We know that there could be complication with any delivery but we also know what the typical stages of delivery are and what we can probably expects as we work our way through each step in the process. This information will help Cory be a better coach and support to me as I concentrate on getting our beautiful baby into this world. The Brio-Birthing technique is designed to help mother and baby experience a natural child birth. The idea of joining the millions of women before me, who, through the ages of time, have delivered children naturally, I am excited to experience this incredible act.
I know that Adaline’s name sake, both her Great, Great Aunt Adaline, and her grandmother, Helene, will be there helping to get her into this world. I know there will be others there too. Cory’s grandmother Kellersberger and many of the faithful women of our progenitors will be there as well. I truly believe that they will be the attending angels who will help escort Adaline into this world. Just like we are not left alone at the closing of our lives and as we cross over to the other side of the veil, so too are we not alone in coming into this world. The veil is very thin and the Father has incredible mercy so for me to believe that Adaline, Cory, Mom, and I will not be alone is incredibly comforting.
No comments:
Post a Comment