Wednesday, December 26, 2012

White Elephant/Ugly Sweater Party

On December 14, we had a fun little party at our home in Orem. Adaline, Cory, and I all dressed up for our Ugly Sweater Party, unfortunately I could not find any ugly sweaters at the thrift stores so we made do with Cory's ugliest ties pinned all over our clothes and one tied on our head. Then we took a fun family picture with props. I was Rudolf the Crazy, Cory was Shocked Crazy Rudolf, and Adaline could not believe how crazy both of her parents are. We ate soup and rolls for dinner with the Filbrook and Crapo, who attended.

"Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half year. I'm no dummy."

Here is the Filbrook Family - Clint, Krislyn, and Kanyon

One More - without the packie

Crapo Family - Jessica and Scott, little one in the way in April

One more of the Crapos

Then we had a white elephant gift exchanged and played a game once all of the gifts where open. We all were assigned a number 1 - 6 then with a dice we would roll a number and have to exchange our gift with the number we rolled. We would do this for three songs and then at the end of the last song we were stuck with the gifts we got.

Scott and Jessica ended up with the white elephant gifts I had bought. FYI - The pin wheels were the hot ticket item every body wanted them. One pinwheel came with Christmas socks with cats on them and the other with a box of tuna helper.

Clint and Krislyn ended up with their own gifts. Hand cuffs, a princess watch, and a gumbo size of underwear. The underwear was one of the best but worst gift no one wanted to end up with them but some had to and it was funny that the person who brought them ended up taken them home.

Cory, lucky dog, ended up with four mini books on "Hugs for sisters, Hugs for friends, Hugs for mothers, and Hugs for girls", a completely appropriate gift for him if I do say so. Then I got hideous VHS movie called "Visionaries" pretty close to "Heman" in story and cartooning. Cory thinks this is my favorite cartoon, "Heman", but if you watch it now it is pretty B rated. Adaline did not know what to make of the video. We think it would be really fun to get together again after Christmas and watch the movie together as couples. I am not sure that we will make it through the whole movie but it will be a good laugh anyway.

1 comment: