Thursday, December 9, 2010

State: Blue Ridge vs Show Low 2010

Saturday, November 27, 2010 – The Blue Ridge Yellow Jackets were set to play the Show Low Cougars at the Dome in Flagstaff, Arizona for the State Championship game. William invited Mom, Dad, Cory, and I to come with them to the game. So the travel weary got into another vehicle to drive 6 total hours to see Blue Ridge lose to Show Low.
In the first leg of the journey we were happy and having a good time.


We stopped off in Winslow at the Walmart to buy dad a shirt…mom forgot to bring him a shirt and he only had a work shirt to wear to the game.  Dad “I don’t know why that woman, can’t remember a simple thing like my shirt!” Once dad was properly clothed we headed on to Flagstaff.


Nice shirt dad…(I picked it out…dang I have good taste…or maybe I just know my father really well!) Mom and dad sitting together before the game started.



William, Christian, and Dana having a little fun before the game started. Kelsie and her friends were not going to sit on Blue Ridge’s side so they went to the dark side of the dome.


Cory and I had a great time rooting for the ol’ alma mater, even though they ended up losing the fight at the end….most of the game the boys had to play the referees and the other team, but in the end they just did not want it bad enough. There were two chances where they could have taken the ball into the end zone but butterfingers dropped the ball twice, so maybe next year.


Daddy ended the game with a great little visit with old family friends, the Harps!


Then we had dinner at La Fonda’s Mexican restaurant and it was as good as I remembered! Good ol’ Flagstaff…how the years have gone by but you have not much change my ol’ friend.

1 comment:

  1. Ruth, um, that looks like Larry Harp...not sure who the "Harpers" are! ;)

    ReplyDelete