Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Begins: Cory and Ruth


Cory and I met officially in May at a BYU 230th Ward FHE. We went to visit Bridal Vail Falls.




Here you see Cory, Ruth, Steve, Katie, and Ally all getting ready to climb the mountain.

"Only half way up!" Adam, Ally, Cory, and I taking a rest after having scaled about 40 feet of wash on the side of the waterfall.

Pretty amazing sight, it was worth the climb.



Here's the group of us sit at the base of the waterfall…you can see how wet it was but we had a great time getting up there.


It was so hard in fact that for a minute all of us went a little crazy when we reached the top.


As Cory and I got to know each other we tended to have really late nights. Many would be until 2 and 3 in the morning. The whole time we would be talking about ourselves, life, and the world around us and we would not notice the time passing.  Here is Cory, exhausted from one of our late nights! (You will be please to know that we are better at the whole curfew thing – for his sanity as well as mine!)



Here Cory and I stand outside Texas Road House!! We love their steak and this is the evening after I told him I loved him for the first time…can you see how happy we are! Later that night he placed a dozen red roses in my bathroom with a love note…he is so sweet and I am so lucky.




Cory works at Larry Miller Chevy and on Fridays when I get off early I usually stop by and pick him up to go to lunch. One Friday not too long ago I took this picture of him working in the shop.

And this one too….such a hard worker!




On another night Cory found my 3D glasses and put them on. I had to take a picture – here he is as an old man…Grumpy!




Here he is just being Cory…gosh, I love him.




Sometime we go to his house to watch movies; here he is checking his facebook. He was a little cold so he put his beanie on. It makes him look like a gangsta.




That same night we ate cupcakes that turned our mouths blue.


Cory and I went to a high school football game this fall and had a cup of warm hot chocolate as we sat in the bleachers. It was really fun and even though we did not care about the outcome of the game we had a wonderful time on our date.



As you can see…





A few weeks before Halloween, Cory and I went to the Cheesecake Factory, because I had a gift card. Here is Cory with his raspberry lemonade.




Confused by my food, again. This is not what I ordered! JK


Then came Halloween – Cory cleaning out his pumpkin. He ended up carving a skull on it – creepy!


He’s so cute!



Silly



Then time came for our apartment Halloween Party… Crystal and I posing for the camera and you can see Melissa in the background… I think Cory took this.


Cory, Mary – Crystal’s sister, and I again posing for the camera….CHEESE!


Now Crystal, Cory,and I ….. guess what….that’s right posing again!




Come and give an old man a kiss!




In November Cory and I had dinner with his family for Haley, his sister’s, birthday. We ate at Chilli’s. Cory and I are flashing our gangsta signs and being silly.


Here we are being good for the camera




Cory and I were so excited to be in Lakeside for Thanksgiving…can’t you tell!



Happy Thanksgiving!



Here’s Cory kicking dad’s butt at pool – who would of thought! I don’t think Cory remembered you are always suppose to let the girl’s father win.




Having a little fun after dinner.



Here’s Cory deep in a manly discussion with the boys while us women slaved away in the kitchen – JK it was good to see him having a good time with Dad, William, Rudger, Cody, and Justin.

Later that night I got ready to brave the craziness of black Friday and Cory was exhausted as you can tell. There was no way he was going out with Mom, Cynthia, and I to get the Black Friday deals. We left him to get some sleep for hunting with the guys the next day.


Here's Cory’s first of look of the start of the Grand Canyon. He has never been to the Grand Canyon either so we will be planning a trip next year to get that check off both of our lists.




Can’t believe how big it is. 




Two people drawn, by Providence, to each other and blessed with a love that will last for all eternity.



SA loves BB!




2 comments: